Academy Development Plan
Academy Development Plan Priorities 2020-21
Quality of Education
- Develop effective interventions that ensure pupils catch up and keep up particularly disadvantaged children.
- To develop confidence in Monster phonics and our spelling program.
- To review times table provision and establish a whole school approach.
- To continue to develop outdoor learning as part of a broad and balanced curriculum
- To increase the overall percentage of Greater Depth in RWM, combined and science in line with National averages. Specially to increase the percentage of Disadvantaged pupils reaching Greater Depth.
Behaviour & Attitudes
- Improve attendance across the whole academy.
- To continue to embed a consistent high standard of behaviour in lessons, playground and around the school building
- To introduce the Ryelands Learning Powers into the curriculum to help children understand the importance of these values in their learning.
- Children are active citizens both locally and globally
- To recruit and train Pupil Wellbeing champions to ensure that children can support one another with the support of designated adults in the school.
Leadership & Management
- Implementation of the Powerful Action Steps Programme across the whole school, with instructional coaching strategies alongside pedagogy variation and personalised learning.
- To implement phase research projects and discuss the impact of these and whether they should become whole school initiatives as a result of the outcome.
- Evaluate revised curriculum as part of an ongoing review process. Edit and amend as necessary.
- Develop the impact and accountability of subject leaders to ensure teachers are continually building on developing their subject knowledge and pedagogy over time.
- To provide a highly stimulating environment with an organisation of the curriculum that provides rich, varied and imaginative experiences.
- To ensure that children are highly motivated and eager to join in, demonstrating curiosity, imagination and concentration.
- Ensure that the role play are is highly stimulating environment and exceptional organisation of the curriculum provides rich, varied and imaginative experiences.
Development of Hub
- To develop the role of the community Hub within Ryelands.
- To increase the amount of community events within the academy.
Oasis Offer focus areas
- To ensure the entitlement passports offer the focus areas from the One Plan.
- To ensure the children have access to the elements from the One Plan.