What does being honest mean?
Acknowledging when we are wrong and taking responsibility.
If I am being Honest I can:
- Say hard things with kindness.
- Be honest even when it’s difficult to be.
- Be peaceful and calm and help others experience this.
- Know honesty is more powerful.
- Facilitate free, open and honest group discussion.
- Do what I say I am going to do.
- Not opt-out when things are difficult.
- Build trust with others.
- Take time with others to ensure that they feel valued and have been heard.
- Work hard to truly understand different people’s perspectives.
- Think about a time that you were honest (even if you didn’t want to be!)
- Think about a time when you were wrong – what happened? Could you do something differently next time?
- Think about something you find really important – now consider someone who feels the opposite and think about why that might be.
- Who would you describe as honest? Draw a picture of them and write down their characteristics.
- Write an honest review – a book, a film, food you’ve eaten.
- When watching a panel show, think about what you might say if you were the judge. How could you be honest but not hurt their feelings at the same time?