What does being patient mean?
The way we wait and the attitude we adopt as we do so – a long term perspective.
If I am being Patient I can:
- Think about the consequences of actions and make choices which enable me to become the best version of myself.
- Be willing and choose to stop, pause and notice others.
- Spot the physical signs when I am feeling impatient and know what to do to feel calmer.
- See challenge as a chance to learn and become wiser.
- Develop some simple practice and techniques to be patient and stay calm.
- Invest time in thinking things through rather than rushing.
- Try really hard and know when to ask for help.
- Have a calming influence on others.
- Develop a real steadiness and a growing maturity which is inspiring to others.
- Show a real desire and commitment to helping others and support them in what they need to do or achieve.
- Spend a few minutes focusing on your breathing (box breathing, hand breathing, etc).
- Spend a few minutes practising mindfulness (sensing in, mindful minute, etc).
- Practice a mindful activity – mindful colouring, walk in nature, etc.
- Before you start a task, spend a moment to think it through before you rush into it.
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle.
- Practice tapping.
- What makes you feel impatient? What can you do to help?