We are a healthy eating school
At lunchtime we encourage children to have an Academy meal. These are cooked on site and are nutritionally balanced. We always offer a choice including vegetarian and Halal.
Alternatively children may bring a packed lunch. We ask parents and carers providing packed lunches to choose healthy options with a balanced selection of food including fruit and vegetables, and water. We do not permit sweets in packed lunches. Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school each day which can be refilled at our fountains.
For information on how you can pay for your child's Academy lunches please see our My Child At School (MCAS) page.
Applying for Free School Meals
Free meals are available to all Reception,Year 1 and Year 2 children.
Additionally, If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below,
then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household
- income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please check now by clicking on the link below to check your child’s eligibility from January 2018. The school will be notified directly of the outcome and you will receive a text message to advise if you are eligible.