Travelling to School
What is a School Travel Plan?
The School Travel Plan (STP) initiative was introduced in 2009 to encourage all schools to promote sustainable travel, in order to reduce congestion and pollution and increase healthier modes of travelling to school. The STP gives info on how people get to and from the school, identifies problems with safe and sustainable travel and sets objectives to resolve these issues.
Why Have a School Travel Plan?
Although not a mandatory policy, the Academy Council of Oasis Academy Ryelands has agreed that a regular review of the STP is the most effective way of identifying issues with any aspect of school travel and provides information to all stakeholders in a single, publicly available document.
School Travel Plan 2018/19
The main objectives on the 2018/19 STP are:
- School travel working group that involves pupils.
- To involve the senior leaders and the Academy Council in the STP.
- Enter brighten your bag competition.
- To start the scooter pool scheme in Reception, Year 1 & 2.
- To map out walking zones and share these with the community.
- For the staff to be involved in the step counting week.
- Publicise our sponsor colour walk and invite a local dignitary.
- To survey and audit how the children come to school.
- For children to plan their and map route for a trip