Meet the Reception Team!
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences have a major impact on their future life chances. There are four principles which underpin our Early Years and Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum:
- A unique child – every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive relationships - so that children feel safe and cared for.
- Enabling environment – we provide a rich and varied environment which supports children’s learning and development. It gives them the confidence to explore and learn in a secure and safe, yet challenging, indoor and outdoor space
- Learning and developing – children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. In their play, children learn at their highest levels. We provide wide ranging and varied interests that engage and involve children for sustained periods.
The Transition from Reception to Year 1
We want to make the transition from Reception to Year 1 as easy as possible for your little one. We therefore have a tried and tested process in place, ready to help each and every pupil feel at home during the move and step up in education.
- Children meet their Year 1 Class Teacher and Teaching Assistant in their new Year 1 class rooms and will enjoy some activities together.
- After this event we invite parents and carers to the Teddy Bears Picnic. An opportunity for them to meet their child’s Year 1 teacher.
- The Year 1 Teachers and Teaching Assistants will meet with Reception Teachers to discuss children individually during a handover meeting.
- Year 1 Teachers will go to Reception to read a story and have circle time with their new classes.
Read a full presentation about the difference in life after transitioning for your young one here.
At the end of Reception, we must report which children have reached a Good Level of Development. On Tuesday, 30th April, we held a meeting about this.
If you need more information, you are more than welcome to come and talk with the Reception teachers.
We want to share what we are teaching your child with you. It takes a community to help raise a child well, and we believe that in working with our parents and carers we can ensure that each child is getting the opportunities they deserve to consolidate their learning and take it with them as they grow up.
Here you will find information leaflets and learning resources!